Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year

2013 was a great year for me. It was the year that I decided to start blogging, and it might seem silly but this blog has been a sort of saving grace to me. Over the last 5 years, my husband and I have struggled with infertility and after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on unsuccessful fertility treatments and unmeasurable heartache, we brought in 2013 with the knowledge that having a baby just isn't in the cards for us right now. We vowed to spend the year traveling and focusing on all of the things we DO have rather than worrying and hurting over the one thing we don't.  Easier said than done, but I am proud to say that I am finally at peace with our situation and as I mentioned before, this blog has a LOT to do with it. You see, reading has always been my favorite past time, and throughout my struggle with infertility, losing myself in fiction helped me to escape the pain of my reality. Knowing that reading was such a source of comfort to me, my best friend encouraged me to start blogging about the books I was reading. At first I thought it was a silly idea, but I decided to give it a try and Bookworm Beauties was born. 

I cannot even begin to express how this blog has helped my heart heal.  I honestly thought the only people that would ever even see my little blog would be my mom and I, so I have been absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the number of people who actually follow and visit the blog on a regular basis. Sharing my love for books with all of you has truly been therapeutic for me. Every single comment, email, like, share, message, and follow has brought a smile to my face and been a source of encouragement. Every time one of you messaged me asking for book recommendations or emailed to say you loved a book I reviewed, it brought such joy to my heart and gave me a sense of validation. I know this isn't the best or biggest book blog out there, and I can't dedicate as much time to blogging as I wish I could, but knowing that I am helping even one person ignite a love for reading encourages me to keep going and makes me so incredibly happy.


 All that being said, I want to give each of you a heartfelt THANK YOU for supporting me and this blog.  May 2014 bring you health, happiness, love, and BOOKS... lots of books! ;-) 


Here is a list of my favorite books from 2013... (in no particular order!)


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay


Making Faces by Amy Harmon


A Different Blue by Amy Harmon


Tangled by Emma Chase


Bully by Penelope Douglas


Left Drowning by Jessica Park


Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover


The Love Me With Lies Series by Tarryn Fisher


Ten Tiny Breaths Series  (Ten Tiny Breaths and One Tiny Lie) by K.A. Tucker


Wait For You by J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)


Falling into You by Jasinda Wilder


The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorenson


Present Perfect by Alison G. Bailey


Wallbanger by Alice Clayton


This Girl by Colleen Hoover


The Losing It Series by Cora Carmack


Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout


The Last Hour by Charles Sheehan-Miles


Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan


Under Different Stars by Amy A. Bartol


The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski


The Rosemary Beach Series by Abbi Glines





There are TONS of amazing books coming out in 2014. Here are a few that I am REALLY looking forward to:



  • TBD: Iniquity (#5, Premonition series) by Amy A. Bartol
JANUARY 
FEBRUARY 
MARCH 
APRIL 

MAY


JULY 

No comments:

Post a Comment