Sunday, April 21, 2013

Apollyon


Summary:

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

Summary taken from http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9897164-apollyon

My Review:


Let me just start by saying... Holy daimon babies!! I LOVE Aiden St. Delphi and I luuuurve this entire series. Oh and did I mention that I love Aiden St. Delphi? Because I totally do! ;-)

The whole Covenant series is witty, action packed, and full of heart. Apollyon is absolutely no exception. Armentrout, who is one of my favorite authors, yet again did an amazing job balancing violence and tragedy with romance and hope. Alex has literally been through hell and back and I really enjoyed seeing her growth shine through in this book. I am not going to even say anything about her and Aiden's relationship because I don't want to give anything away, but seriously that boy gives me major butterflies. *fans face* 

If you haven't read books 1-3 and the bonus novella from Aiden's POV (Elixir), you REALLY REALLY need to. Prepare yourself for a gut-wrenching cliffhanger at the end of book 3, Diety, though. Seriously, I thought I was going to need therapy. Needless to say, after the crazy emotional roller coaster Armentrout takes you on in Diety and Elixir, I found myself feeling fairly anxious as I  began reading Apollyon, and I was dang near a mental breakdown as I reached the conclusion. However, despite any loss and drama, I strangely felt a sense of peace when I put the book down.  Apollyon is like the calm before the storm that you know is inevitably coming in book 5, Sentinel. Truly, I felt like this book perfectly sets the stage for what is sure to be one hell of an ending. 

It is probably for the best that I have to wait till December for it to come out. I am sure I will need that time to mentally prepare myself for what is sure to be a cluster-you know what of emotions in the finale. Until then, all of you should use this time to read this series. It is seriously one of my favorites. This tumblr describes a fraction of what Armentrout's writing will make you feel. 



Happy Reading, Y'all! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment