Friday, April 26, 2013

Deeper We Fall

Summary:

Two years after her best friend was involved in a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, Lottie Anders is ready to start her freshman year of college. Ready to move on. Ready to start forgetting the night that ripped her life apart.

Her plans come to a screeching halt when not one, but both brothers responsible for the accident end up back in her life again.

Zack is cruel, selfish and constantly rubbing what happened to her friend in Lottie's face.

Zan is different. He listens to her awkward ramblings. He loves "To Kill a Mockingbird" as much as she does, and his dark eyes are irresistible. His words are few and far between, but when he does speak, she can't help but listen.

The trouble is, Zan was the driver in the accident, and now Lottie's discovered he lied to her about what happened that night. Now she must decide if trusting him again will lead to real forgiveness, or deeper heartache.

Summary taken from http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16157294-deeper-we-fall

My Review:

Ok bookworms...Y'all need to read this book ASAP! The writing was great, the characters were well developed and relatable, and the story was both heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time. I absolutely loved everything about it... except Zack. I wanted to junk punch him... big time! 

I really enjoyed Cameron's writing in this story. She has an amazing ability to make the relationships between her characters 100% believable and completely endearing. Lottie and her twin brother, Will's interactions were hilarious and authentic. They reminded me so much of my relationship with my own dorky brother and the rest of the characters were equally enjoyable... especially Zan. Holy Moly! I luuuuuurve him so very much! He is tall, dark, handsome, and haunted. I also loved that the story is told from dual POVs because reading Zan's inner turmoil and struggle to be a better person made the story even more special. 

The other POV comes from Lottie, who is now honestly one of my favorite leading ladies. She is witty, loyal, caring, and selfless and her inability to filter herself cracked me up. She is like a modern day Elizabeth Bennett and I just love her to pieces.

I highly recommend this book and am immediately starting the companion novel, Faster We Burn.

Happy Reading, Y'all! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment