Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Edge of Never


Summary:


Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?
Summary taken from http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16081272-the-edge-of-never

My Review:


I originally bought this book because I was intrigued by the cover. There was just something sad and lonely about the girl on it that drew me in, but as I started reading, I found there was so much more to Camryn. She was restless and discontent in a life that she was living for everyone but herself when she finally decided that enough was enough and started out on a journey to find herself. Was her decision to hop on a Greyhound the most well thought out plan? No, but it was brave and inspiring and led her to my new fictional book boyfriend, Andrew. ; )

I LOOOOVED that the story was told in alternating POVs, not only because I had a major book crush on Andrew, but also because it was exciting and totally sweet to see how both Cam and Andrew interpreted various situations and encounters throughout the book.

The beginning was a bit slow for me, but once she got on the road, the pacing was spot on. I adored watching the relationship between Cam and Andrew blossom and speaking of Andrew, holy moly... that boy made my heart flutter. (hubba hubba) He is incredibly sweet, protective, uber sexy, and of course... wait for it... hiding a huge secret. And OMG... When it was finally revealed, my heart stopped... no it broke... and I may have had a minor meltdown and screamed all kind of inappropriate words. But I promise you... YOU.MUST.KEEP.READING!!!!!!

Ultimately, this was an excellent book that will make your emotions run wild, and stresses the importance of living in the moment, following your heart and not wasting a single moment of your life.

“Just that dwelling and planning is bullshit, you dwell on the past, you can’t move forward. Spend too much time planning for the future and you just push yourself backwards, or you stay stagnant in the same place all your life. Live in the moment, where everything is just right, take your time and limit your bad memories and you’ll get wherever it is you’re going a lot faster and with less bumps in the road along the way.” 

"For the first time in my life, I've felt whole, alive, free. You were the missing piece of my soul, the breath in my lungs, the blood in my veins. I think that if past lives are real then we have been lovers in every single one of them. I've known you for a short time, but I feel like I've known you forever."

 Happy Reading, Y'all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment