Friday, April 26, 2013

Love Me With Lies...


Summary:

Olivia Kaspen has just discovered that her ex-boyfriend, Caleb Drake, has lost his memory. With an already lousy reputation for taking advantage of situations, Olivia must decide how far she is willing to go to get Caleb back. Wrestling to keep her true identity and their sordid past under wraps, Olivia’s greatest obstacle is Caleb’s wicked, new girlfriend; Leah Smith. It is a race to the finish as these two vipers engage in a vicious tug of war to possess a man who no longer remembers them. But, soon enough Olivia must face the consequences of her lies, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.


Summary:

Dear Opportunist,

You thought you could take him from me, but you lost. Now, that he's mine I'll do anything to keep him. Do you doubt me? I have everything that was supposed to be yours. In case you were wondering; he doesn't ever think about you anymore. I won't let him go....ever.

Dirty Red


Leah Smith finally has everything she has ever wanted. Except she doesn't. Her marriage feels more like a loan than a lifelong commitment, and the image she has worked so hard to build is fraying before her eyes. With a new role and a past full of secrets, Leah must decide how far she is willing to go to keep what she has stolen


My Review:


So I read these two books this week after they were recommended to me by a fellow blogger. They were each around 180 pages and told from two different POVs. I started The Opportunist, after work not sure what to think at first, but just a couple hours later, I had devoured the whole thing and found myself immediately getting online to buy Dirty Red.

Let me start out by saying that I have a serious love/HATE relationship with this series. Olivia and Leah are both major bitches and the story does not in any way, shape, or form go the way I wanted it to. But as infuriating as the characters and plot were in both of these books... as much as I wanted to cry and scream in frustration...they were both absolutely addicting! I literally couldn't put them down because I HAD to see what the hell was going to happen next. 

If you are going to read this (and you really should), do not expect this story to be a fluffy, lighthearted, happily ever after read because honestly, it will probably tick you off. But I will say, that is kind of what I liked about it. The fact that everything wasn't hearts and roses, and the women were essentially evil wenches fighting dirty to get what they want (Caleb) and not naive and innocent little girls made this story really stand out and was strangely refreshing.

There will be a 3rd book released from Caleb's POV later this year and I cannot freaking wait. And just to let you know, while the books each center around a different POV...they all basically pick up where the last one left off, so it isn't the exact same story told 3 different ways. Each character has their own story to tell... and boy do they have a lot of interesting shiz to say. 








No comments:

Post a Comment