Saturday, April 13, 2013

Losing It



Summary:


Virginity.


Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves her potential sexual partner alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
Summary taken from http://coracarmack.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html


My Review:
 This book had me literally laughing out loud. Here are a couple of quotes that made me giggle:

“It wasn’t until I’d walked halfway across the parking lot that I realized:
1. I wasn’t wearing shoes.
A. Or a shirt.
2. I didn’t bring my keys
A. Or anything really.
3. I’d just left a complete stranger in my apartment.
A. Naked.
 Whoever said one-night stands were supposed to be simple withno strings attached had clearly never met the disaster that was me.”

“What cat? Oh! MY CAT. The cat… that is mine. Oh, she’s... ” I had said it was a she, right? “She’s fine. All meowing and purring and other cat things.”

Cora Carmack writes with hilarious wit and humor mixed with a tasteful amount of steaminess and romance. The story is less than 150 pages so it is an easy read, but somehow the plot doesn't seem rushed. It is actually fairly well developed for being so short and I really enjoyed the relationship between Bliss and Garrick. Not to mention that Carmack is a Texas gal so the story is set in Austin, which I loved. Bliss is a lovable character whose awkwardness and quirky inner dialogues had me in stitches. It was fun to watch her grow throughout the story and Garrick was absolutely adorable.

There were a few errors in the Ebook version and it was a tad predictable at times, but I enjoyed it regardless. It is a quick, fun, and super sweet story that I definitely recommend if you're looking for a light and fluffy read.

Happy Reading, Y'all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment