Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hopeless



Summary:


Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…
That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.
Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

My Review:


This book is absolutely heart-wrenching and disturbingly beautiful. I've been blown away with ALL of Colleen Hoover's books (I plan on doing reviews of Slammed and Point of Retreat soon) and Hopeless was no exception. The story was so incredible that without a doubt there is nothing I could possibly write that would ever convey the emotions I experienced while reading it. I was completely and utterly captivated from beginning to end. I honestly have no words, but I will try to fumble through some sort of review....
The writing in Hopeless is eloquent and intense... even in the darkest, most disturbing moments of the story, you find hope, beauty, and unwavering love. There were parts that quite literally took my breath away. The instant connection between Sky and Holder was powerful and I was beyond intrigued (and extremely anxious) every time we got a glimpse into Sky's past. I felt like I was experiencing every single emotion right along with her and found myself with my hand over my heart (practically hyperventilating) multiple times only to turn the page and be cheesing like a school girl a moment later. I mean, what girl wouldn't be swooning at words like this?

“I want you to keep them open...because I need you to watch me give you the very last piece of my heart.”
-Holder

Not too many authors can write about such unspeakable and truly HOPELESS tragedy and have their readers walk away feeling completely HOPEFUL.
I do feel obligated to add a brief disclaimer: This story definitely is not for the weak hearted. This is pretty much what I looked like the majority of the book...



Nonetheless, I LIVE this book and I LIVE Colleen Hoover!!!
"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at. It's my favorite thing because I know if I ever get lost or lonely or scared, I just have to look up and it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful."

Happy Reading, Y'all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment